TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· TiVo User & Lover
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about the new VOX Remote for voice for my Bolt, but I am concerned about the UI change that will come with it. I'd like voice, but I enjoy the current UI.

I am wondering for those of you that have made the change to VOX and Hydra, what did you like and not like?

What was "gone" that you missed?

What was good that was "new"?

Thanks for any comments...

· Registered
12,357 Posts
Most posts I've seen about what people actually like about Hydra are related to aesthetics. Other than voice control I haven't seen any comments on improved functionality of Hydra. There are many threads here you can go through yourself to make your own judgement. This post summarizes a list of shortcomings and/or bugs that I collected just over the first few days of feedback about Hydra. There are plenty of reasons for me in that list that I would certainly never want to adopt Hydra in its current incarnation (and it looks very doubtful to me it will ever be something I would want to deal with), but of course each person must judge for themselves if those things matter to them:
Hydra Issues

· TiVo User & Lover
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most posts I've seen about what people actually like about Hydra are related to aesthetics. Other than voice control I haven't seen any comments on improved functionality of Hydra. There are many threads here you can go through yourself to make your own judgement. This post summarizes a list of shortcomings and/or bugs that I collected just over the first few days of feedback about Hydra. There are plenty of reasons for me in that list that I would certainly never want to adopt Hydra in its current incarnation (and it looks very doubtful to me it will ever be something I would want to deal with), but of course each person must judge for themselves if those things matter to them:
Hydra Issues
Thanks for the heads-up.. will look at those "issues" :)

· Premium Member
5,401 Posts
I had a VOX remote on order, but then cancelled after I read some of the Hydra threads. The fact of the matter is that the current UI is extremely intuitive. It may not be as "pretty" as Hydra, but it is very easy to navigate the menus, watch things, delete things, etc ... To me, that's what TiVo is all about. Because of this, I'll probably be sticking to the old interface unless I am forced to switch over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.