TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VOX remote apparently only has full functionality (voice) in RF mode, but my SONOS Playbar will only accept IR signals for volume control. Is there an accessory that could convert the RF to IR signal so that I could leave the remote in RF mode to be able to use the voice features and still be able to control the volume on my soundbar via IR? Is there a specific model that I would need for a TiVo VOX remote?

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
The VOX remote apparently only has full functionality (voice) in RF mode, but my SONOS Playbar will only accept IR signals for volume control. Is there an accessory that could convert the RF to IR signal so that I could leave the remote in RF mode to be able to use the voice features and still be able to control the volume on my soundbar via IR? Is there a specific model that I would need for a TiVo VOX remote?
Unless it's different from the regular RF remotes, it uses IR for TV/amp/sound bar control.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,350 Posts
I believe remote does both RF and IR, it would only be RF to the Tivo. Assuming its similar to the other Tivo remotes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.