TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm very new to this Tivo stuff so will need some help. I understand that it's possible to view files from my Mac with Toast 10 loaded. If this is possible can some please guide me to a site where it explains full on how to set this up.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you want to pull files from your Mac to the TiVo, install pyTiVoX on your Mac. Open up pyTiVoX and set up the folders that you wish to be able to view on the TiVo, then go to the end of your TiVo's "Now Playing List" to see them.

If you want to pull files from your TiVo to your Mac, install iTiVo on your Mac. Fire it up, enter in your TiVo's MAK number and you will then see all the programs stored on the TiVo.

Both of the above applications assume that your Mac and your TiVo are on the same network (ethernet or wireless).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi all
I'm very new to this Tivo stuff so will need some help. I understand that it's possible to view files from my Mac with Toast 10 loaded. If this is possible can some please guide me to a site where it explains full on how to set this up.

Thanks in advance
Step Uno. Open your Toast app folder and fire up the Mac2Tivo app.
Step Dos. Click the add button and select the location of content you want to share.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.