TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· It's Just TV
27,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on Verizon FiOS and we have recently had some changes to the channel list that aren't reflected in the latest guides:

Channel 616 is not NEWSMXHD, not OANHD-W which it was previously. OANHD-W was removed from the line-up a month or more ago and NEWSMXHD was moved into that line-up, from ch. 615 which is now not broadcasting at all.

Guide data for ch. 615 continues to show the correct lineup for NEWMXHD but of course there is no programming there as it all moved to 616.

Verizon FiOS has also added GAFAMHD-E (GAC Family HD) to or at ch. 743.

Listing at ch. 660 is still set for that channel but there is no broadcast on ch. 660, only on ch. 743.

Verizon stopped using ch. 660 over a year ago but apparently finally reached agreement with GAC to re-add the channel. It now sits in the line-up near their prime competitor, Hallmark Ch., where both are airing the holiday season movies.

I would love to see these guide changes made soon so customers like me can again make use of our TiVo boxes to do the recordings of these shows that we can't easily currently do.

· It's Just TV
27,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m on Fios in Northern Virginia and not seeing these issues with the TiVo guide.
So ch. 743 shows GAFAMHD-E ?

And 616 shows NEWSMXHD ?

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,944 Posts
lineup_tool.html

Do it here. Do like what I did when there was a mass change, since the form only allows reporting just up to 3 channels when you have many more.
Fill out the form normally, but make a list of all the channels changed to a new thread on here and link into the page form.

· Premium Member
692 Posts
I'm on Verizon FiOS and we have recently had some changes to the channel list that aren't reflected in the latest guides:

Channel 616 is not NEWSMXHD, not OANHD-W which it was previously. OANHD-W was removed from the line-up a month or more ago and NEWSMXHD was moved into that line-up, from ch. 615 which is now not broadcasting at all.

Guide data for ch. 615 continues to show the correct lineup for NEWMXHD but of course there is no programming there as it all moved to 616.

Verizon FiOS has also added GAFAMHD-E (GAC Family HD) to or at ch. 743.

Listing at ch. 660 is still set for that channel but there is no broadcast on ch. 660, only on ch. 743.

Verizon stopped using ch. 660 over a year ago but apparently finally reached agreement with GAC to re-add the channel. It now sits in the line-up near their prime competitor, Hallmark Ch., where both are airing the holiday season movies.

I would love to see these guide changes made soon so customers like me can again make use of our TiVo boxes to do the recordings of these shows that we can't easily currently do.
I'm in Northern New Jersey and also seeing this issue. I will have to send a new lineup change request.
Noticed that I also have no guide data for Fox Weather Channel on ch. 613, nor Turner Classic Movies HD on ch 730, either.

There are probably more, but I'll have to go through all the channels again and note which ones aren't correct.

· It's Just TV
27,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lineup_tool.html

Do it here. Do like what I did when there was a mass change, since the form only allows reporting just up to 3 channels when you have many more.
Fill out the form normally, but make a list of all the channels changed to a new thread on here and link into the page form.
Already done there.

· Registered
8,338 Posts
I'm in Northern New Jersey and also seeing this issue. I will have to send a new lineup change request.
Noticed that I also have no guide data for Fox Weather Channel on ch. 613, nor Turner Classic Movies HD on ch 730, either.

There are probably more, but I'll have to go through all the channels again and note which ones aren't correct.
Similar here. Although my Guide doesn't even show 613 as being Fox Weather, it shows as Newsy. (it actually is Fox Weather) I also have no data for TCM-HD on 730.

Submitted another lineup change.

· It's Just TV
27,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fixed today for me.

· Premium Member
692 Posts
I had put in a request for a few changes including removing OAN and AWE, moving NEWSMXHD, and adding GAFAM, Fox Weather HD, and TCM HD.
Last night they removed OAN, moved NEWSMXHD, and added GAFAM, but haven't made the other changes, as of yet.
Maybe they need more people to request these other changes?

· Registered
8,338 Posts
I had put in a request for a few changes including removing OAN and AWE, moving NEWSMXHD, and adding GAFAM, Fox Weather HD, and TCM HD.
Last night they removed OAN, moved NEWSMXHD, and added GAFAM, but haven't made the other changes, as of yet.
Maybe they need more people to request these other changes?
Lineups are unique per zip so no, they don’t rely on volume of requests.

Here’s what they did for me.
Font Gadget Technology Electric blue Communication Device

· It's Just TV
27,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Having moved around in the Verizon FiOS service areas a bit I'm familiar with them being a provider that doesn't necessarily offer the same channels and programming in all areas. They have a standard base but then a few potential differences, seemingly not just your local channels, may be available or unavailable to you depending on where you are located at so as discussed above zip code is important for TiVo to be able to make the updates to the guide/lineup.

Unfortunately you can't necessarily assume that others have or haven't the update requests, so it definitely doesn't hurt to submit and then give TiVo a day or two to get it right, though of course it is frustrating waiting for the guide to be fixed since you would need to do manual recordings if it isn't correct.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts