TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

V53 new TiVo Edge

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tommage1 
#1 ·
I have a brand new OTA Edge to replace a TiVo Bolt.

At times the Edge shows v53 for all channels. I can resolve this with a cold boot.

The Bolt works without issue, as does the TV. The signal from OTA antennas haven’t changed in years and I know that is not the problem.

I can’t tell if the new Edge has a hardware issue or a software issue.

The Edge is new and the issue started on very first power up. I have a little time to return if needed.

Any help appreciated.

#4 ·
I know this is an old thread but here lately we keep getting error V53 on different channels. We had Spectrum come out cause the last guy changed the way our tuning adapter was hooked up and took some Mocha think we had hooked up in our utility room where our router and modem is. This was a over a year ago or longer when we upgraded from our Roamio Plus to the Bolt. We complained to Spectrum and they never did anything about it. A few weeks ago the guy redid our tuning adapter and we needed a new router due to another problem out cell phones kept saying connected but no internet on wifi. Things were good for a week and now every so often channels will say error 53 randomly and I think it's different ones. Spectrum said he was going to do something and shoot some signals to the cable cards and reset the network I think. He said to reboot the Tivo Box and Tuning Adapter and let him know if it still happens and he will send someone out again. It's really irritating my husband and I am just curious if people ever got this fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.