TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tweaked and poked
1,846 Posts
BrianHughes said:
I doubt it'll work at all nevermind slowly. There just isn't the bandwidth over voip.
If you have a perfect internet connection (ha ha!), and a top notch VoIP adapter it could vaguely be possible, but I wouldn't bet anything on it, and in my testing I couldn't get it to work with my 24 meg connection and telecoms grade VoIP line. All you need is one wobble, and the connection goes.

So if you've got the above and providing your VoIP provider supports G.711A (not U) you have a vague chance as that is the exact same scheme that landlines in the UK use and so it gets dumped onto the BT network unchanged. However, they tend not to, as it's vastly more bandwidth hungry than the G729 that most in practice use.

·
Tweaked and poked
1,846 Posts
Yup, I can't really grumble with voice - I've been using it for over a year now, with a UK number being delivered to Sweden and as far as anyone is concerned they are dealing with me in the UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.