TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Well, the reason I don't want to use both is cost. For HD through Comcast it is $5, add on the DVR it's another $10. That's $15/mo
Are you certain this is the case? I already had Comcast HD for $5.00, and when I switched out the 5100 for the 6412, the added cost was only $4.95 (total of $9.95). So I have both.

I have seen and used the comcast DVR--- picture quality is very good--- the interface IMHO has alot to be desired. Its very flakey and can be hard to program... this is also due to being so used to Tivo im sure.
The interface on the 6412 is not perfect, but it's not bad and it is very fast. It was flakey in the beginning (a lot of freezing), but since a firmware update a couple of weeks ago, that doesn't happen anymore. That said, it is missing some TiVo features that many feel are very desirable, such as wishlists and suggestions, skip-to-tick . In exchange, it is dual tuner and it records true HD. I use the Comcast box to record anything I want in HD, and use the TiVo for everything else (because I love MRV, I record some things on both - if I want to watch it on my one HDTV, I use the Comcast, but if I want to watch it upstairs, or if I record something upstairs, I can transfer it downstairs and watch it there).

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I remember the other thing I could not get past aggrivating the hell out of me.. THE FAST FORWARD is the slowest dam thing around... it would take me 15 minutes to get to see the last 10 minutes of a 60 minute show. Maybe they have fixed this issue with an update but It was TERRIBLE!!!
Agreed. The lack of a "skip-to-tick" feature is a big negative :down:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.