TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Coming and going
8,027 Posts
1) technically you can record HD channels but they are down-converted to a superior SD type picture--- better than standard picture though. And yes you can them to an external burner.

2) No Stand Alone tivo at this point has the dual tuner equipped. Only DirecTV tivo's have the dual tuner in them

3) Tivo has the upper hand with me due to all the options I have-- TTG, MRV, and ease of use. Comcast has the better two tuner feature and ability to record true HD.

4) Yes once you complete initial guided setup through the phone line you can put your tivo on your home network for updates/guide data/ remote scheduling etc.

I have seen and used the comcast DVR--- picture quality is very good--- the interface IMHO has alot to be desired. Its very flakey and can be hard to program... this is also due to being so used to Tivo im sure.

·
Coming and going
8,027 Posts
dmlove51 said:
The interface on the 6412 is not perfect, but it's not bad and it is very fast. It was flakey in the beginning (a lot of freezing), but since a firmware update a couple of weeks ago, that doesn't happen anymore. That said, it is missing some TiVo features that many feel are very desirable, such as wishlists and suggestions, skip-to-tick.
Yes I forget that they had released an update and got the system a little more stable..... my experience goes back about 2 months or so.

I remember the other thing I could not get past aggrivating the hell out of me.. THE FAST FORWARD is the slowest dam thing around... it would take me 15 minutes to get to see the last 10 minutes of a 60 minute show. Maybe they have fixed this issue with an update but It was TERRIBLE!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.