TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
half.italian said:
I ran into the same problem when i first hooked up my tivo to an Adelphia cable box. Both serial and Ir connections send channel changes to the tivo as either "001" "01" or "1"...
Actually, since he said he's not using an IR blaster, then the TiVo just plain isn't controlling the cable box at all.

That's why the channels aren't changing.

First let's get the TiVo talking to the cable box, and then we can worry about if the IR signal is being sent too fast or too slow. :)

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
Alan Gross said:
Thanks for your responses. I am trying to find the IR blaster that came with my TIVO. Will that help my TIVO unit talk to the cable box?
You can purchase another IR blaster if you need to. I think you can get them on the TiVo website, but an internet search for "IR blaster" or "IR emitter" should also come up with something for you. Wish I had an actual URL here...

Alan Gross said:
I don't understand the following:

2 unsubbed Philips series 1s- HDR212, 163hrs, & a jealous PTV300, 141hrs.
You're reading my membership signature, describing my two TiVo units going thru sibling rivalry. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.