TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ran into the same problem when i first hooked up my tivo to an Adelphia cable box. Both serial and Ir connections send channel changes to the tivo as either "001" "01" or "1"

If the cable box is not set to accept the numbers the same way that the tivo is set to deliver them, the tivo will fail when trying to change channels. Verify that you can even change the channel by typing in differnet combinations of 1, 2,and 3 digit channels and see if the channel up/down works ok. If it looks like this might be the problem, you can change the setting on the tivo in part of the guided setup. I had to call my cable company to find out where to change it on the cable box, and found it under prefernces some where. Make sure the settings are copacetic for both devices.

Sorry i can't give you specifics, but once you know what the problem is and you poke around a bit, you should be able to get it working. Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.