TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously thinking about purchasing a TiVo to use with Comcast digital cable (+HD) instead of using the Comcast DVR. A few questions I have, though:

1) Can I use TiVo for HD programs and then send those to my Pioneer 220-S DVD recorder?

2) Are all TiVo machines 2-tuner capable or should I shop for a particular model?

3) If anyone has had experience with the Comcast DVR, which would you suggest to be better...TiVo or Comcast?

4) I've done some reading on initial set-up and I understand I have to use a landline to do the initial set up. But, after that, can I then use my wireless network (or ethernet) to do the connecting?

Thanks alot for any answers/additional information. I appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Georgia Guy said:
Why not use 'em both? Especially if your cable co. uses the Moto.6412.
That way you can use the HD cable box for HD recording, and the Tivo for everything else. The hd cable boxes are typically only $5-10 a month more than the digital cable costs.

I've been very happy using both for quite a while.
Well, the reason I don't want to use both is cost. For HD through Comcast it is $5, add on the DVR it's another $10. That's $15/mo. on top of what I already pay for digital cable. TiVo would be another $200 + $13/mo. (I don't have a TiVo yet). I am happy using my DVD recorder for the majority of occasions, however, the 2-tuner DVR would add a bunch of possibilties, whereas the TiVo is only 1-tuner.

Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.