TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three pc's all are wireless. My 540 machine is also wireless. Could i setup so that all the pc's can access the tivo and make that a Media Center ? Or do i have to burn down to one machine and then share the drive with the other PC's?

·
Still Learning
524 Posts
can set Desktop on all 3 machines....I have the same setup...2 PCs and 1 laptop.

Can also set Desktop Preferences to download to any of the other PCs as well....so as running Desktop on PC1 but saving the files on PC2...etc...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But do you have to download to the PC you want it on or can you watch it throw the PC you are using

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes, you can watch it a show down loaded on to a pc from the other pc. My son & I are on the same subnet & he watches show recorded on my computer all the time.
I, on the other hand can't seem to see his computer even tho I can ping it. He's 6 so he hasn't figure out how to hide it from me yet but I digress.

·
Still Learning
524 Posts
sroney said:
I have three pc's all are wireless. My 540 machine is also wireless. Could i setup so that all the pc's can access the tivo and make that a Media Center ? Or do i have to burn down to one machine and then share the drive with the other PC's?
You could just share the FOLDER that the shows are saved to on that drive...dont have to share the whole drive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to download the show first to your PC right? There is no way you can watch the show through the TIVO right? I am trying to setup a Media Center so that all of the PC's in the house have some where to go and pick up movies or shows. I was hoping they could look in the TIVO and see what shows are stored and click on the one they want and be able to watch it. It sounds like to me they have to download it first and then use the desktop software to run it. Any help would be better then nothing. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts