TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation: we just had an ice storm in OK. Power and internet at our house was out for 4.5 days. And we were fortunate. No big trees in the yard, and power back inside a week. Some will end up waiting another week for electric. We were able to get a generator for some power, so I plugged in the TiVo Roamio and a TV. BUT...I could not get anything to play off of the DVR.

Any idea(s) why no DVR usability? That is the very thing I did not like about AT&T U-verse. Anytime we lost the internet connection to AT&T we could not use the DVR. Thanks in advance.

·
It's Just TV
27,135 Posts
Did you get an error message noting that the TiVo box hadn't connected to TiVo and needed to make a connection? If not then you should have been able to play recorded content.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get an error message noting that the TiVo box hadn't connected to TiVo and needed to make a connection? If not then you should have been able to play recorded content.
Sorry for the delayed response. Nope, did not get any error codes. It just said the recordings were not available. I didn't get them powered up for 2 or 3 days, but I didn't think that would be an issue. I thought this was odd. Well, this last power outage convinced us to get a generator, so next time we will be closer to ready...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.