TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
dshinnick said:
When I called Directv to have it activated the CSR said that it was still active on someone else's account and that it couldn't be transferred to me.

When I boot it up it runs fine, but there's a blue bar at the bottom telling me that I have an invalid access card (or something to that effect) and to call Directv.
The unit is on someone elses account, who most probally owes money to Directv, so the access card has been disabled.

The unit is a Paperweight to you. Nothing can be done with it until the Previous Owner pays their bill to Directv.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
The unit is not married to the account. The Access Card is tho, and the Access card is married to the unit.

The unit has a balance owed on it, and there is no way someone else other than the Account holder can pay the Balance. If Directv gave out Account infomration, they would find themselves in Court with a Nice little lawsuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.