384 Posts

·
der Neuerer
3,437 Posts
Reactions: CIR-Engineering

·
Say no to Hydra!
359 Posts
I had issues with 5400 rpm 10 and 12 TB drives powering them off the internal connection on the Bolt.
I have both a Bolt Vox 6 tuner and Roamio Plus 6 tuner. Does the Bolt Vox internal power have enough power for an 8TB drive? I put an 8TB drive in my Roamio and works great.

I noticed both have the exact same hard drive power connector on the motherboard. Does the Roamio have enough power to power a 10TB, 12TB drive internally with that connector?

·
der Neuerer
3,437 Posts
I have both a Bolt Vox 6 tuner and Roamio Plus 6 tuner. Does the Bolt Vox internal power have enough power for an 8TB drive? I put an 8TB drive in my Roamio and works great.

I noticed both have the exact same hard drive power connector on the motherboard. Does the Roamio have enough power to power a 10TB, 12TB drive internally with that connector?
My Roamio currently has a 12 TB drive in it and it is operating without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I've got an external working and this week plan to cut a small notch in the edge of the cover over the hdd to provide room for the cable.
You don't have to cut a notch (though it would be small). Just use a couple shims, back of case. As long as the shims are thick enough where the cable can slide back and forth between them you should be fine.

Electrical wiring Networking cables Gadget Cable Electronic device

Note, you can see the cable I ran out of the Bolt has a male Sata connection. I used Sata to Sata, the cable coming out of the enclosure (connected directly to the Sata data connection on the drive) has a regular female Sata connector. So I can separate the Bolt from the enclosure easily. I did not have to cut anything on the Bolt or the enclosure (enclosure a bit dependent, has to have ability to connect power and data to the drive separately and have room to run the data cable out without any cutting)

Gadget Modem Laptop accessory Cable Wire

·
Registered
1 Posts
The lack of replies tells me that this is well-known information.

I hope this post helps other newbies.
I am just starting mine came used with no hd drive so I want to put a terabyte 2.5 inch sata first and after I get up and running then I have plenty of data 3.5 hdd I would like to hook sata 3.5 hd to sata port on TiVo bolt. USB hdd hooked hard drives won't work in USB slot's of TiVo will they?1 terabyte wd blue sata 2.5 can I use it internally?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I am just starting mine came used with no hd drive so I want to put a terabyte 2.5 inch sata first and after I get up and running then I have plenty of data 3.5 hdd I would like to hook sata 3.5 hd to sata port on TiVo bolt. USB hdd hooked hard drives won't work in USB slot's of TiVo will they?1 terabyte wd blue sata 2.5 can I use it internally?
Have some periods on me: .........

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Well... here I go again.

I've been running this Tivo Bolt Vox with an internal 2.5" 1TB drive and an external 4TB HDD for 3 years. I bought a 6TB drive and the cables needed to connect it to the internal SATA connector.

Now, I need to combine the data from the 1TB and 4TB drives together onto the new 6TB drive. As I understand, MFS Tools can do this.

To be clear: I want to combine the data from the internal 1TB drive and the external 4TB drive on a single 6TB drive. Then, I want to connect the external enclosure to the "internal" SATA connector inside the Tivo Bolt. I have all of the necessary cables and I am willing/able to cut a hole at rear of the Tivo Bolt enclosure.

I will appreciate any advice, especially from @jmbach

41 - 54 of 54 Posts