TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to program the remote to change the volume of the AVR but not control the power of the AVR and TV?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a great idea! Does the power button control the power to the TiVo itself? I don't believe the TiVo has a pilot LED and it's hidden behind my AVR. So I'm never quite sure of its status.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Probably a great idea! Does the power button control the power to the TiVo itself?
No. Other buttons should also wake the Tivo.

I don't have a Tivo Stream 4k, but my other Andriod streamers allow programming the power button separately. So as an alternative to not pressing the button, just program it for a brand of device you DON'T have, and make sure you've disabled HDMI control if you don't want it to ever power on your other connected devices (TV, AVR, etc.).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! I think the problem will be that while I can program the TV for a non-Sony brand, but the same technique won't work for the AVR... It seems in order to control the volume of my Denon, the power also is controlled. I don't believe the two can be separated but I'll make sure that is the case. But at least the TV power can be removed from the equation. I do have control via HDMI shut off.

But just avoiding the power button is OK. Glad to hear other buttons should wake the TiVo.

Thank you for your advice and time !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts