TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6 year old Roamio Plus that I plan to replace with an 1 or 2TB Roamio.

The old one works ok, but between the age of the machine and the size of the drive, I am ready for something new. I have 4 minis connected to it, BTW. I will move the cable card from the old machine to the new.

Will I be able to use the leave Roamio on the network and connect to it to transfer old shows if I want? Or use it like a mini to access the new Roamio?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a 6 year old Roamio Plus that I plan to replace with an 1 or 2TB Roamio.

The old one works ok, but between the age of the machine and the size of the drive, I am ready for something new. I have 4 minis connected to it, BTW. I will move the cable card from the old machine to the new.

Will I be able to use the leave Roamio on the network and connect to it to transfer old shows if I want? Or use it like a mini to access the new Roamio?
Does it have all-in service? If so, you can either leave it on the network to transfer shows, use it like a mini, or sell it on eBay. You can do those things without all-in, but you'll need to keep paying service fees if you keep it and it is not worth much on eBay.

But I don't see a need to replace it just because of age. If it is still running well, you can swap in a larger hard drive very easily.

-- Doug

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,626 Posts
You are paying toooooooooo much if its not on All-in/Lifetime. At $15 a month, it really adds up over the years.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,626 Posts
Paying anything monthly is still too much. It would just take a little longer until you reach the equivalent value of the All-in/Lifetime and you will still be paying.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can an old tivo be restarted for use if it is dropped from a plan? I think new ones one can deactivate, and later have reactivated with the monthly fee. Old tivos? - maybe but I don't think so - judged from looking at my tivo list of equipment online at my account on their site.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Can an old tivo be restarted for use if it is dropped from a plan? I think new ones one can deactivate, and later have reactivated with the monthly fee. Old tivos? - maybe but I don't think so - judged from looking at my tivo list of equipment online at my account on their site.
Series 4 (Premieres) or later models can be reactivated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.