TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
KrazyKevin said:
rbautch, I just ran the uninstall file under /hacks called tweak-uninstall.sh It appeared to do what it was supposed to do since the enhancements folder was gone after I rebooted. I then went back to the /hacks directory and ran the tweak.sh file again. I didn't do the express install because I didn't consider myself an expert. Everything seemed to install correctly and on the part that asked about usb 2.0, I answered yes and it said it backed up the old ones and it proceeded installing. I rebooted and everything came up. I plugged my adapter in and still the single light.
Any chance you have the usb200m plugged into a hub rather than a switch? A hub will be half duplex, so the f/h light won't be lite, indicating half rather than full duplex. That's normal and is described on page 5 of the users guide [online users guide].

·
Registered
991 Posts
KrazyKevin said:
Well, I have it plugged into a Linksys BEFSX41 router. Along with my vonage and home pc's.
A BEFSX41 is switched and should be full duplex. However, port 4 is a DMZ port. Any chance you have the tivo plugged into port 4 on the router? If so, you might try a different port. I'm just grasping at straws here, but my guess is that your router is part of the problem. A direct connection to the PC with a crossover cable would be one way to find out.

·
Registered
991 Posts
KrazyKevin said:
Again, thanks for the help. I'll have to check on which port its plugged into. The thing that gets me is the line i get in hyperterminal when I connect the usb adapter to the tivo:

usb.c: USB device 5 (vend/prod 0x13b1/0x18) is not claimed by any active driver
That's normal before the usbnet driver is loaded. You should see it recognized later when the driver loads. You should see something like this:
Code:
eth0: register usbnet usb-00:0d.2-1, ASIX AX88772 USB 2.0 Ethernet
Does ifconfig -a tell you anything useful?

Is there an entry in /etc/hotplug/usb.map for the USB200MV2? You probably need that if you are attempting to "hotplug" the device, rather than having it pugged in at boot.

·
Registered
991 Posts
KrazyKevin said:
Doing what rbautch mentioned above gets me this:...
The ifconfig output indicates the device isn't recognized, so the right driver probably isn't loaded. The "Read-only file system" and "couldn't read file" messages indicate the 'net-launch.sh' script you are running problem didn't do what it was supposed to do. rbautch is your man for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.