TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the zipper installed and used the serial cable to run the enhancement script. I thought I read somewhere that after the enhancement portion of the zipper, the new usb 2 drivers would allow the ver 2 adapter to work. I still only get the middle green light of the adapter to light up. Has anyone got a version 2 USB200M to work after the zipper?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I ran the enhancement script. But I'm only getting the single led to light up. Its the 10/100 light, the link/act and the F/H light doesn't come on. What does this sound like? Also, when using hyperterminal, I got it to work the one time to run the enhancement script but now when I bring it up I can't type or anything. Its just a white screen.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rebooted the tivo and got hyperterminal working again. I've been looking through the dir's on the tivo hunting a way to check/change my tivos ip. Is there a certain program I should be looking for? My tivo isn't showing up on the connected devices from my routers setup menu. I've been searching through the forum here to no avail. I've got the zipper and enhancements scripts installed. I've got the serial connection down. I don't know where to start on trying to figure out the usb ethernet problem?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you rbautch, I ran the command you mentioned and this is what I saw in hyperterminal:

bash-2.02# net-launch.sh
Please enter a static IP address for your Tivo: 192.168.1.105
Please enter the IP address of your router: 192.168.1.1
.//net-launch.sh: /enhancements/ipaddress_flag: Read-only file system
Didn't find network with Default = 1 exiting...
bash-2.02#

Is it me, or is it my network setup? I have a linksys router which my pc and vonage router are plugged into. The tivo is the third device.

Thank you for your help. I'll continue my quest by searching this site. If you know of a thread about what I'm asking, I'd appreciate a link.

Also, to anyone that has gotten the USB200M ver 2 to work after the enhancement script chime in and let me know. I'm still only getting one light on the adapter.

Also when I unplug the usb adapter and plug it into another I get this:

usb.c: USB device 5 (vend/prod 0x13b1/0x18) is not claimed by any active driver

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I unplugged my usb adapter and plugged it into the other usb port to get the message to pop up on hyperterminal, I now have 2 lights on the adapter on, the F/H light and the 10/100 is now lit. The link/ack light isn't. Just wanted to throw this out there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rbautch, I just ran the uninstall file under /hacks called tweak-uninstall.sh It appeared to do what it was supposed to do since the enhancements folder was gone after I rebooted. I then went back to the /hacks directory and ran the tweak.sh file again. I didn't do the express install because I didn't consider myself an expert. Everything seemed to install correctly and on the part that asked about usb 2.0, I answered yes and it said it backed up the old ones and it proceeded installing. I rebooted and everything came up. I plugged my adapter in and still the single light.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JamieP, I saw the part you referred to in the manual, if that was the case, how can I change anything being the adapter is plugged into the tivo. There is no configuring it!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Again, thanks for the help. I'll have to check on which port its plugged into. The thing that gets me is the line i get in hyperterminal when I connect the usb adapter to the tivo:

usb.c: USB device 5 (vend/prod 0x13b1/0x18) is not claimed by any active driver

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
give me a second. i just moved my cable to the #3 port on my router. It was in the #4/dmz port. So I rebooted my tivo from hyperterminal. I still only see 1 light on my adapter. also, on my router, I only see indication lights for ports 1 and 2, which are my computer and vonage router. The lights for #3 aren't lit up. I have the router firewall off. I'll try the ifconfig -a and report back

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Doing what rbautch mentioned above gets me this:

bash-2.02# sh /enhancements/net-launch.sh
Please enter a static IP address for your Tivo: 192.168.1.103
/enhancements/net-launch.sh: /enhancements/ipaddress_flag: Read-only file system

couldn't read file "netconfig.tcl": no such file or directory

Doing what you suggested gets me this:

bash-2.02# ifconfig -a
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:38 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:2766 dropped:38 overruns:0 carrier:0 coll:0

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks alot. Maybe he'll see all this in the morning. Thanks again.

rbautch, I get this message:

bash-2.02# sh /enhancements/net-launch.sh
Please enter a static IP address for your Tivo: 192.168.1.103
/enhancements/net-launch.sh: /enhancements/ipaddress_flag: Read-only file system

couldn't read file "netconfig.tcl": no such file or directory

But, I've went to that directory and the file is there. :(
I'm giving up for tonight. Hope to start back later tomorrow. Thanks all.

Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.