TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've visited tivo's page on tested/approved adapters. While at CES decided to drop by a Compusa to pick one up. Not having my print out with me, I wound up with the Linksys 200M, but version 2. (Couldn't remember if it was supposed to have the orance CD on the box or not :( ) So, question 1, any chance the site is out of date and the recent tivo update 7.2(?) will work with ver.2 200M? (My guess is no) So #2, when I take it back do I try for a refund and order from Tivo for a compatabile model, or exchange for a Linksys 100Tx even tho it's USB 1.1 or I saw a CompUsa Brand, anyone know if it will work, or if it's even Usb2? I didn't see it on the compusa site, and not even sure my store in OKC will have the same selection. Hoping they might have an old ver 1 200M and not have to worry about it, but not holding my breath.

Found Compusa link: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=293918&pfp=cat3

I have the DVDr ver of Tivo, so not sure I'll use Tivo to go, just want to use boadband guide, and Tivo's new "toys" :)

Suggestions, solutions?

· Astute User
11,392 Posts
No chance with 7.2.1 or less.

Next update, probably spring, is supposedly supposed to have a driver for the 200M V2 adapter.

I can't say exactly if it will work. The TiVo supports the Pegasus chipset, and the chip in that is apparently a variation of it. It will be 1.1 though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.