TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

· Large member (Ooer!)
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are curious, the US version of the iPad app does not see a Virgin Media TiVo on the local network (not on mine anyway) it states that it cannot find a premiere or series three DVR :-(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

· Registered
206 Posts
That surprises me, because the third-party Android and Windows apps work, so the internet interface is definitely enabled. Have you switched on "Remote Network Control" in the TiVo settings? It is off by default.

· Large member (Ooer!)
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brangdon said:
That surprises me, because the third-party Android and Windows apps work, so the internet interface is definitely enabled. Have you switched on "Remote Network Control" in the TiVo settings? It is off by default.
Yep, did that this morning before trying the Peanut app, which works quite well btw.

· Registered
79 Posts
Yep, did that this morning before trying the Peanut app, which works quite well btw.

Indeed it does and if you turn the iPad around to landscape it turns into a complete QWERTY keyboard and that also works well in the search areas. The favourites option also works nicely.

HOWEVER the actual remote depicted on the iPad screen is not the one provided by VM (I guess it is the US version) and so there are no colour buttons and some of the others are differently labelled.

SO it would be nice if, while we wait for the full app, if somebody at peanut could have a look at the VM remote although I doubt it's worth the effort or investment at this late stage.

· Registered
159 Posts
I couldn't get the Apple Peanut app. to work, but could someone confirm something. At the moment my wireless router is upstairs with a physical lead connection to my computer. Is it necessary to move my router so that it is near my TIVO, and can connect it to the TIVO via a lead, or does it not make any difference?

Presumably if I do have to move the router downstairs, then my download speeds will suffer on my computer, as it will no longer be connected by wire?

· Registered
30 Posts
You need the TiVo plugged into the router. You may get away with plugging the TiVo into a second router and configuring that as an access point to point to your main router or by using a plug in Ethernet pair of plugs which will use your electricity circuits to allow you to leave the router where it is.

· Registered
159 Posts
Ok thanks, Johnny_boy, I thought I probably did. I'll give it a go, but frankly I'd rather have the router plugged into my computer where I use it to download things, rather than by the TV just to use the remote apps. I'll have to see how much it impacts on download speed.

· Registered
257 Posts
HOWEVER the actual remote depicted on the iPad screen is not the one provided by VM (I guess it is the US version) and so there are no colour buttons and some of the others are differently labelled
The Premiere remote does have the coloured buttons doesn't it? It's just they are in a different order and have 'A, B, C, D' on them.

Just checked. We have them ordered Red, Green, Yellow, Blue. US TiVo remote has Yellow, Blue, Red, Green. So they've swapped Yellow/Blue and Red/Green round.

· Geek
467 Posts
You have to lie about the tivo model to the app... Smart. If I still had an ipad I'd play with that.

I expect the video doesn't work for the same reason multiroom doesn't work - everything is locked down.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.