TiVo Community Forum banner
741 - 760 of 765 Posts

·
tabasco rules
15,968 Posts
cbs primetime in east/central time zones running an hour and 14 minutes late due to sports overrun...
did you catch when my edit was? :) i was grilling steaks when 60 minutes started, had no idea it was already an hour late, and not only did i forget to pad my own recording, i realized i was off by an hour...oh, well, i can catch it on paramount+...old age? :p

·
tabasco rules
15,968 Posts
it's a discussion for a different thread, but there are networks that plan better to allow for overruns, and cbs isn't one of them (many threads have addressed the reasons over the years) - that said, this was a particularly lengthy overrun i doubt could have been avoided, even with the best planning.

·
I'm back!
35,095 Posts
YTTV correctly recognizes that the program.in question ends late (and automatically extends the recording) and that the following program starts late (and delays the start of the next programs recording) but as a rule it doesn't recognize that the next program will end late as well...

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,552 Posts
While notices from CBSTweet (or Cali Badger) are nice 'reminders', I put my trust in the clock on my TiVo unit recording from FiOS. And it shows that CBS 60 Minutes started at 7:04:20 PM EDT (Oh for the good old days when shows started and ended ON THE HOUR! :rolleyes: ).

Thus I padded 60 Minutes for 5 minutes at the end and if The Equalizer was scheduled to record this week, I would start my manual recording at 8:04 PM EDT and, if I had a tuner to spare, pad the end by 1 minute; NCIS: Los Angeles at 9:04 PM EDT plus 1, SEAL Team at 10:04 PM EDT plus 1 (October 10 folks).

By rare stroke of luck (i.e. 'Bright Idea' ™©® ), I set Alexa to broadcast a house-wide reminder at 7:30 PM EDT to "Check CBS for a football overrun". :cool:

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,115 Posts
cbs primetime in east/central time zones running 4 minutes late due to sports overrun...
I think you are missing a 1, 14 minutes late, but could be depending on where you live and what game(s) were in your area.

·
formerly known as "unclehonkey"
2,689 Posts

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,115 Posts
Here the the time zone that doesn't matter (or exist, according to CBS), they switched to the PITT game after the Denver game ended.

·
tabasco rules
15,968 Posts
I think you are missing a 1, 14 minutes late, but could be depending on where you live and what game(s) were in your area.
nope it was only 3 minutes late. Denver game got done before Pitts/GB
(BAL-DEN to PIT-GB with 1:11 left.)

cbs fails to round up, regardless of how close it is to the next minute - technically, it was a few seconds shy of 4 minutes, and since it takes cbs forever to post the actual delay, i round up and post the time shown by my personal clock (which is very close to network time).

741 - 760 of 765 Posts