TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
jamesbobo said:
The ratings for Invasion have been falling steadily since its premiere. Don't be surprised if it is cancelled, although no official announcement has been made (as far as I know).
Looks like ABC made a decision. It's interesting that there is some debate about the benefit of being aired right after Lost.
The following quote is from SCI FI WIRE :

12:00 AM, 22-JANUARY-06
ABC Sticks With Invasion

Stephen McPherson, president, ABC Entertainment, told reporters that the network's SF series Invasion, created by Shaun Cassidy, isn't going away. Just yet.

"Invasion, you know, is a show that I think is doing the best work it's ever done. It is a great, great television show," McPherson said in a news conference at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif., on Jan. 21. McPherson expressed confidence in the show, about alien influences in a small Florida town in the wake of a disastrous hurricane, despite the series' lackluster ratings in the wake of its Wednesday-night lead-in, the megahit Lost.

For his part, Invasion's executive producer Cassidy told SCI FI Wire that he thinks ABC will stay with the show. "I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll recognize the incredible quality of our program," he said in an interview, with tongue slightly in cheek. "I think they do, actually. My theory about our timeslot is that ... following Lost has been a good-news, bad-news proposition for us. And I wouldn't have said this six months ago, because I would have thought, 'Well, it's fantastic. What could be bad?' Here's what I think could be bad: You have a very intelligent, dense, novel-like show in Lost. I would venture to say in all humility our show is very similar in that sense. I think it requires a great deal of commitment on the part of any audience member to sit for two and sometimes three hours, because they run Lost at 8 often. Writers on my own staff say to me, when I ask on Thursday morning, 'Did you see the show last night?' 'Well, no, because I watched Lost and then I was so tired. I Tivo'd it.' L.A. Weekly said we're the number-one Tivo show in America, and I think it might be true. ... I think our show might actually benefit from being on a different night."

As to whether ABC might actually consider moving Invasion, Cassidy added: "They talked to me about moving after we premiered. Not like, 'We're going to move you.' But the conversation has always been, 'Is this a good thing or a bad thing?' Nobody was really sure."

In another context, McPherson said: "It may be the reality that what's compatible with Lost is a lighter viewing experience, either before it or after it." Invasion airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.