TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to upgrade to an HD DVR and am wondering whether, and if so how, I can transfer the recorded shows from my current TiVo to the new DVR. (Sorry I can't provide specs at the moment but I am at the office.)

Suggestions? Directions? Criticism?

Thanks.

· I'm back!
36,157 Posts
So far the HD units don't support Multi-Room viewing or Tivo-To-Go, so a direct transfer won't work. Can you at the minimum move the shows to a PC? Then you can move them over to the new TiVo when they roll out a TTG upgrade.

It is an HD TiVo, isn't it?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's actually a DirecTV HD DVR. My current one is a DirecTV TiVo but I seem to remember that DirecTV no longer has TiVo DVRs.

Putting the shows on a PC might be an option, though. (Part of it is I can't remember exactly how many shows have the coveted "Save Until I Delete" status.) That would be done on my PC hard drive, no, rather than the PC's recording DVD drive? (Because, obviously I have the former but I do not have the latter.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.