TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Superstar
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the DirecTV Tivo has two tuners...and for good reason since it's pretty hard to switch to "live" TV if the directv receiver is your only source :)

Anyway, I thought it would be neat if Standalone TiVo folks could have that option (more than one tuner). That way, I could record two shows simultaneously and/or not have to worry if two season passes conflict.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Superstar
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HotStuff2 said:
Or for the *thousands* of other posts where people have said the same thing. :rolleyes: For like, oh, the past 2 or 3 years.
Sorry about the repeat...I should have paid closer attention to the other posts first and just did a "me too" ;)

Loving my TiVo....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah Baby! I had to buy two units to record two things at once. My former Dish Network DVR had two tuners built in. Come on Tivo guys, get with it..... Please!
Doug

·
Registered
79 Posts
megazone said:
The Series3 will be out in the second half of the year with dual tuners.
My fingers are crossed that it comes out BEFORE then (hopefully in Q1, maybe Q2 - but I doubt it), and that's it at least not *terribly* expensive.

I, for one, have just about given up on TiVo. I've taken to downloading HD wide-screen content using BitTorrent and playing it on my modded Xbox running XBMC. I'd much rather have TiVo record it for me, though. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts