TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been asked but I checked post and couldn't find anything.

I will be getting a Tivo HD soon which is only about 160hrs

Will I be able to upgrade to a larger "A" drive?
I would think that would be easier since I don't think you can add a "B" drive to it.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Right now I have a Series II 80hr and I dropped another 80gb HD into it years ago and I have had no problems but I read at that time you could not change the size of "A" drive and the added drive had to be the same size.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link.

I will need that and that process looks much easier then the way I did it last time.

One more question

Is there a way you can just use 'Ghost' to copy the image over to a larger hard drive?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also just to make sure

A standard SATA hard drive will work, correct?

Because I see that there are:
SATA 3.0Gb/s
SATA I
SATA II
Serial ATA150

I know that SATA and Serial... are the same but didn't know what the numbers meant

I would also think a 7200 RPM would be better then a 10,000 RPM because it wouldn't run as hot.... Is this correct?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have another question

After I have purchased my Tivo HD and start recording shows and then decide I want to upgrade the HD.
What happens to all the shows in the 'Now Playing'.

Do I loose them or can they be transferred to the new HD in anyway?

If they don't transfer another option would be... If this makes since to you
I might still have my old Tivo Series II at that time I want to upgrade. Could I set that one back up to record my show until I finish watching what is on the Tivo HD, upgrade the HD and put that one back online?

I figure I would have to contact Tivo to do that when the time comes.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YES, I was hoping to get a response like that about saving the 'Now Playing'.

As for the second part of your reply.
Not sure I understand it.

My Tivo is in a enclosed cabinet so I probably wouldn't hear it anyway.

When I upgraded my last Tivo I bought a 5400 RPM instead of a 7200 RPM so it would run as hot. Should I still be concerned with this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.