TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Funkadelic
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm thinking of unsubbing my Humax DVD burner until possibly picking up a TiVo HD around the holidays - now that we've gone HD in the bedroom. What I'm wondering is can I continue to use the Humax as a DVD player without a subscription? I know the DVR functions will be dead, but what about DVDs?

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
11,529 Posts
This should work fine. When I first picked up my Humax there was a couple of months that I didn't have a phone line or internet, but I was able to use the DVD player fine. Note that this was a new unit that had never been subbed, so there is a slight chance that things would be different for a unit that was specifically unsubbed, but I don't think so.

·
Banned
4 Posts
This should work fine. When I first picked up my Humax there was a couple of months that I didn't have a phone line or internet, but I was able to use the DVD player fine. Note that this was a new unit that had never been subbed, so there is a slight chance that things would be different for a unit that was specifically unsubbed, but I don't think so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.