TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 TiVos in my house and since I've upgraded two of them to Dual Tuners, my Humax gets no love anymore. I never record any television on it.

So I'm thinking about unsubscribing it.

What I do use it for is to occasionally hook up a VCR to it to convert older tapes. Will this function still work once it's unsubbed? And will I still be able to burn those files with the DVD burner?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Isn't Humax the only "branding partner" unit that is like this? Don't both the Toshiba and Pioneer units have Tivo Basic? I guess that's an argument in favor going with one of those other brands if you want to buy a DVD burning Tivo.

·
L: 37-35
13,308 Posts
jaybird13 said:
Wanted to clear up this bit of mis-information. I unsubbed the DRT today and it still allows me to manually record from other sources (VCR, Cable Box).
There is a grace period. It will doorstop.

·
DVD TiVo Expert
594 Posts
It's either 7 days or 30 days. I have an unsubbed DRT800 (from ebay) and it complains about not being subbed, indicating that there are 5 days left on my trial period. So wait a week and see if you still can use the unit.

robomeister

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.