TiVo Community Forum banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
This was a hard one to watch. But they kept it funny.

I knew what having wisdom teeth out was like so I refused to do it. My dentist said well, at least get this one taken out. So I did. Not a bad experience at all. The other three came out one at a time over a period of months. Also not bad.

And of course "America's Funniest Home Videos" has done a lot of videos from after wisdom teeth were removed and they were hilarious.

I actually thought Lizzie's accident was fake, intended to get everyone to make up. But those sure looked like real injuries. And the purpose was served.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
At the risk of becoming Harley, something really annoyed me on Al tonight. The microwave door in the kitchen would bang right into a wall telephone if they opened it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I didn't think Art should have worn that nice sweater, but then when would he have worn it? If he was making food for the party, or even eating, he might get something on it. Lois said she earned the money, but didn't she just get it from being married to a famous athlete? Still, I understand Art's attitude. He's actually more reasonable than so many men like him.

Freddy showed he was more than just a cheerful airhead.

I liked Hazel's shoes too, except my numerous pairs in different colors are all low-tops. Where did Riley's new girlfriend get her shoes to play basketball in?

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,083 Posts
Where did Riley's new girlfriend get her shoes to play basketball in?
Doubt Riley's combat boots would have fit her, so they were probably Al's.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I don't have an explanation for last night's hot girls in skimpy outfits or for David Hasselhoff. But I did like watching the girls, for the five seconds they were on.

The other episode that recorded started with the Afghan girl kissing Al. Yes, that was Al. That didn't even look like I remembered from before, and it sure wasn't Riley.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
An enjoyable episode. I never considered Al might have feelings for Lizzie but it's looking like she and the professor might end up together.

Al annoys that professor constantly but he doesn't seem to have too much of a problem with it. And it's clear Al is learning.

I've been in the same situation as Riley's therapist. They also told me two weeks, but it was more like a month (and most of that was like what the dentist on "B Positive" is having to do). I thought Riley was there when he woke up from surgery but he had that button for morphine. I didn't have that and I rarely needed anything for pain. I did the exercises they told me to. When I first woke up was when a nurse or at least a female voice said, "Mr. Random" (actually my real name). And I remember being hungry because they didn't let me eat all day, and they had peas which were delicious.

And before the surgery, I felt the way I did getting my booster earlier this week. I know it has to happen, but time keeps passing and surely there's a way I can avoid going through this.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
they had peas which were delicious.
First time anyone has ever put those two words in the same sentence. :p

PS: I love peas, Mrs. Astrohip can't stand them, not even to look at. When we order Chicken Pot Pies, I'm halfway done before she's finished picking out the peas. :D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
A really good episode last night. Kids did not get punished the way Hazel did when I was her age. Although I have to say this. When I was hit, I was told to hit the person back. Then I got punished for doing it. My mother had something to say about that.

But Hazel shouldn't have hit the boy. She should learn not to. Riley was on her side and Al believed they shouldn't hit, and then Hazel did it again and Riley finally came over to the right side.

I liked how Al took charge but Freddy has turned dumb again after he was beginning to improve as a character.

And Lizzie's hair gets even wilder.

You don't need a dishwasher. My parents had one when I was in college. I am told the house where I live now had one, but it was removed before we moved in if it was there. I do know it made me feel good to hear that sound when I came home.

But I was really surprised Art didn't know how to fix something.

Even I know the Browns are terrible, but I guess they have their fans.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
You don't need a dishwasher.
You don't need a lot of modern conveniences, but a dishwasher is close to the top of items I have no desire to do without.

·
Cheesehead
11,233 Posts
Never had a dishwasher growing up, nor in college. First time was afterwards. Don't use it. When I'm cooking, I wash as I go, so by the time I finish my meal the only dishes left are usually just my plate and fork/knife. Or maybe the large vessels I've cooked large batches of stuff in (chili, jambalaya, curries, roasts, etc).

[ObOnTopic] I liked this episode too. Love Lizzie's hair. ;) While I can cheer Hazel for hitting the boy on TV, that doesn't fly in the real world. Real people have to learn to take insults without responding physically. Well, not everyone learns that, one reason for our jail population. ;)

141 - 151 of 151 Posts