TiVo Community Forum banner
121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I definitely saw the girl kiss Al either when they said "previously" or in a flashback, so I don't know where that memory came from.

I like Al better when he's funny. It really made me uncomfortable to see him react so strongly to Lizzie. But Lizzie is so patient and kind.

Overall it was still an entertaining episode and some truths had to be confronted at some point.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I definitely saw the girl kiss Al either when they said "previously" or in a flashback, so I don't know where that memory came from.
You're confusing the kiss. Nobody kissed Riley, which is what you had posted, and a couple of us pointed that out. I noticed that post has now been corrected/edited.

You are now correct: Ariana, the daughter of Kasim (the restaurant owner), who acts like she dislikes Al, gave him a peck a couple of episodes ago.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It's nice that Ariana and Al are going out. And apparently the last episode was not written with the assumption that we had to leave Afghanistan. In other words, it must have already been written beforehand.

I'm also glad Riley's ex is spending time with Riley's father. And Hazel is still an interesting character who usually gets what she deserves but sometimes finds a way to get out of it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Another episode that confronts real and serious issues and still managed to be funny.

I don't know why Riley has such a problem with being considered disabled when he at least has a job working for his father.

I enjoyed watching Al take care of the kids and I liked the music in Hazel's video game.

Lizzie is coping better than I expected and I liked her scenes.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Al's professor was the insecure moron from "Speechless" whose son was disabled. On that show he had a domineering wife who was a Karen every time someone mistreated their son. All he could do was essentially say "Yes, dear." He's not much better off here.

Al is learning a lot, however, and he's much further along than I was after a whole semester of psychology.

Hazel was good in the episode. I like her shoes. I couldn't tell whether they were high tops but I have numerous low-tops in the same style.

We just saw Art in his dress blues. Strange how they were described as if he hasn't worn them lately. I know how it is not to be able to throw stuff out, but my clothes are much more dignified.

Meanwhile, Art thinks he's competing with Tom Brady.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I'm sure that on this site, this doesn't make me unusual, but we did not have to use a computer for most of what we did in classes I took in college. Computer-related classes were an exception and we may have had something like a portal.

But a syllabus was always something printed on paper. Sometimes it was purple. Kids these days don't know the experience of having white sheets of paper with purple words on them at school.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Al's professor was the insecure moron from "Speechless" whose son was disabled.
John Ross Bowie. Also Barry Kripke on BBT, another Chuck Lorre production.

Kids these days don't know the experience of having white sheets of paper with purple words on them at school.
Mmm, the smell of mimeograph in the morning. :D

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
In Speechless he didn't have the speech impediment, so I'm used to him without it, but here, it sounded like there was a slight one, so I wonder if he actually does have one (though not as exaggerated as on TBBT), but on Speechless they worked on it with him, and here, not as much.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
In Speechless he didn't have the speech impediment, so I'm used to him without it, but here, it sounded like there was a slight one, so I wonder if he actually does have one (though not as exaggerated as on TBBT), but on Speechless they worked on it with him, and here, not as much.
You can hear a slight impediment on Speechless. I think it is natural but he's learned to speak without it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
You can hear a slight impediment on Speechless. I think it is natural but he's learned to speak without it.
Never noticed it. His son couldn't speak at all, but in real life he could. He was just really hard to understand. But the kid had a great personality and everyone liked him.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts