TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,083 Posts
I was thinking about this show over the weekend and now they will handle the current events. We know that Al regularly talks to his family in Afghanistan. I can imagine they are already writing about this because it will have to be addressed.
CBS did drop tonights rerun episode due to the current situation, replaced it with another Bob Hearts Abishola rerun.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
This isn't the only show acknowledging the difficulty veterans are having. "The Neighborhood", in the episode I finally saw last night, has a drug addict who is causing all sorts of problems, but those who care about him have made a real effort. The drugs were the only thing that worked for him as he had trouble after coming home. But the people had cared about him for a long time.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,606 Posts
This isn't the only show acknowledging the difficulty veterans are having. "The Neighborhood", in the episode I finally saw last night, has a drug addict who is causing all sorts of problems, but those who care about him have made a real effort. The drugs were the only thing that worked for him as he had trouble after coming home. But the people had cared about him for a long time.
I've noticed that this season of The Neighborhood is taking a more serious tone. I'm not going to spoil what Oct. 11's episode is about, but it looks like a real downer.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
I've noticed that this season of The Neighborhood is taking a more serious tone. I'm not going to spoil what Oct. 11's episode is about, but it looks like a real downer.
I think this often happens when you get to know the characters better. I know what you are referring to, and yeah, it's sad. For Al, it's so interesting how timely that show became in a matter of months, as it became a major issue. If they didn't tackle it head on, they would be doing a disservice.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
And it is core to the show. The whole situation is that Al is a refugee from Afghanistan because of his work with the US as a translator. They sort of tackled the current situation even before it happened.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Unbelievable. That was the longest thirty minutes any sitcom has lasted.

Really, really dusty in here.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I'm still having trouble figuring out my Edge but I think I have a one pass now. What I ended up with was an episode of "Young Sheldon" and the end of this episode, which said it was an episode of "United States of Al" but it was only Al finding out she was safe in Turkey. Well, at least I know that.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
Great episode, well done. I was wondering how they would handle it and they hit a HR. I wonder if they will have his sister make it to Columbus at some point.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
So I have good news and bad news. The bad news I will mention in the Ghosts thread, but what I thought was bad news turned out to be good news.

I ended up recording this show twice and "Young Sheldon" once. An investigation into why "Young Sheldon" is recording revealed that I just get the end, but then I get this show. So I could recover last week's and there was the episode of this show. I have a one pass, but I was able to see both episodes.

They did manage to give us a few laughs last week, but it was pretty much what I expected. I'm just glad I already knew the sister made it to Turkey because it would have been rough going through all that and not knowing. They must all be all right because Al mentioned how he supports all of them.

A few more laughs this week and I keep thinking I know the therapist from somewhere but I forgot to look at the credits. I was glad to see how happy Riley was but then it involved taking so many risks. Al is thinking clearly. Then again, this is a job someone has to do. I found their working together entertaining.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
So I have good news and bad news. The bad news I will mention in the Ghosts thread, but what I thought was bad news turned out to be good news.

I ended up recording this show twice and "Young Sheldon" once. An investigation into why "Young Sheldon" is recording revealed that I just get the end, but then I get this show. So I could recover last week's and there was the episode of this show. I have a one pass, but I was able to see both episodes.

They did manage to give us a few laughs last week, but it was pretty much what I expected. I'm just glad I already knew the sister made it to Turkey because it would have been rough going through all that and not knowing. They must all be all right because Al mentioned how he supports all of them.

A few more laughs this week and I keep thinking I know the therapist from somewhere but I forgot to look at the credits. I was glad to see how happy Riley was but then it involved taking so many risks. Al is thinking clearly. Then again, this is a job someone has to do. I found their working together entertaining.
The therapist was played by Blake Clark (Home Improvement, Boy Meets Word, took over the role of Slinky Dog in the Toy Story films after Jim Varney passed).

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
Great episode, well done. I was wondering how they would handle it and they hit a HR. I wonder if they will have his sister make it to Columbus at some point.
Looks like his sister is going to make it to Columbus as I expected.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
That was a fun episode.

I never expected the sister to fall for Al.

Freddy is showing he's more than a lazy bum. Although being good at bowling isn't the same thing as having a job. I forget what he does for a living.

I guess they should have watched Hazel more carefully.

The argument over whether the dentist brother should go back to being a dentist was entertaining.

101 - 120 of 151 Posts