TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Undelete

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AMc 
#1 ·
Used undelete in tivoweb for the 1st time ever today - managed to delete something by mistake (also for the 1st time ever). Checked and it played fine. Sat down to watch 30 mins ago and it had gone. Any reason for this? I can't for the life of me think why. I did schedule the same programme to record again (thinking it was gone forever) then cancelled that after the undelete was "succesful".

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#3 ·
I've had this happen too, undeleted before going to bed and it had gone in the morning (it was actually Life on Mars for Carl!) - when you undelete a programme its status seems to be a bit fragile. The best thing to do is set it to Keep Until I Delete immediately which has certainly saved the recording on the couple of occasions I needed to do it since.

#5 ·
I have a couple of PM threads with you about missed programmes - you sent me a Life on Mars I missed (and again many thanks) and it looks like I tried (and failed) to send you an Alias Season Finale thanks to a bit of undelete weirdness :).
I've only used undelete about 3 times, but it let me down on one which was for a forum member - maybe it wasn't you at all :)

#7 ·
AMc said:
When you undelete a programme its status seems to be a bit fragile.
Never heard of problems like that before. TiVo doesn't store a fragility rating for each recording :). Undeleting it just changes a flag and makes it visible again (think of all the deleted recordings as expired suggestions at the bottom of Now Playing).

Often a programme that you undelete will be expired ( "!" ), and, (if you save longer your other programmes) it will be the first to be deleted, and it's probably that you fell foul of.

#8 ·
mrtickle said:
Often a programme that you undelete will be expired ( "!" ), and, (if you save longer your other programmes) it will be the first to be deleted, and it's probably that you fell foul of.
That isn't what happened. I watched a programme then deleted it then when someone else asked for a copy I undeleted it with Tivoweb intending to extract it the following day. The following morning it had been deleted and the entry in Recording History was obtuse about why.
The recording was recent and there is always plenty of stuff at the bottom of Now Playing waiting for a rainy day (films, kids programmes etc.) it wasn't that it had expired and Tivo needed the space. Hence I don't trust it much and set Keep Until I Delete when I (infrequently) use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.