TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a new TV, a hand-me-down 720p/1080i Viewsonic, running over HDMI, on the TivoHD I've had for almost 3 years. It's got an M-Card which I got last year once Verizon started carrying them exclusively, before that i had two S-Cards.

Being that I just got a new TV, I upgraded to their "Prime TV" package, and for the most part everything is hunky-dory.

My issue is that I'm not getting a couple of channels. CC HD (690) and VH1 HD (717). I just get the "looking for signal on cable..." screen. I have always gotten all the tivo updates, am not running any attenuation, or any of that. They're sending someone tomorrow to replace the card, which I think is not really going to do anything but at this point I'm game to try it.

Anyone with a diagnostic suggestion? Some numbers to read off the diagnostic screen while on these channels or working channels? I'm game.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Fios service. I was unable to receive just one channel. I forget which one it was but it was last year's (2010) Superbowl channel. Just the one single HD channel. The regular one (and all the other channels) was just fine.

The FIOS service tech showed up, I think the next day, and went through everything and found nothing. He then asked where my splitters were. I told him that I didn't think I had any splitters. He said I had to and asked where my terminal box was. I pointed him to it, he opened up the cabinet, pulled out a six-way splitter, replaced it, and voila, I got the missing channel back. He said if a splitter starts to go bad it can do funny stuff with the service.

I suggest you replace any splitters that you migh have even if they appear fine!

·
Alien Infidel
356 Posts
Ask tech support to "hit" your cable card again... I "lost" an HD channel for a few hours and called into Charter to re-hit my card... everything was back in about ten minutes (tune to another channel while this is being done). If you're getting the other channels, you don't need a truck roll, ICBW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.