TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to purchase plasma screen hdtv and mount it to the wall. Newbie question: Do you attach the cables to the plasma tv & then mount it? Not much room behind them after they are mounted.

Help appreciated.

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
You may need to hunt around for a bracket that is not flush with the wall if thats the case. I have seen plasmas that have cables plug direct into the back of plasmas - stupid design I know but some are unbelievable not meant to be wall mounted. My Panasonic series 6 cables plug into the bottom of the screen that is inset a little way but all are slightly different.

·
Astute User
11,392 Posts
If they have such thing, a tilt down bracket. It hinges at the bottom, allowing you to tilt out the display enough to make connections.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know for the Panasonics you can get one of these - I nearly bought one so I could mount mine above the fireplace but decided not to in the end as it stuck out a few inches so this might be an ideal solution. Even when the display was flat there was a few inches behind it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.