TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am intrigued by your solution. I have a TIVO 80 Hour hooked to Linksys WUSB-12. I have just orderd a Pioneer PRDVR810H and would like to include this in my network. I run a Linksys Wireless -G network in the house hooked to 4 computers and one Tivo Device. Do you see any issues in implementing your solution, other than cost ? I believe I have to dump the WUSB-12 adapter?
I believe I need to order these parts?

2 Linksys USB200M USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapters
2 Linksys WGA54G Wireless-G Game Adapter

My Router is located in an upstairs office and the Pioneer will be in the basement. Will this be an issue?

In other words could you draw me a installation Map?

Thanks in Advance for any reponse.;) :confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
In your humble opinion is it worth it to implement "vlxjim solution"? Or do you see a better long tem soluton? Keep in mind I like his solution.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with MORAC this is a cost/benefit issue. I also think that VIXJIM has presented this board with an alternative solution that is on the cutting edge.

I was getting ready to order the necessary equipment when I ran across these lines in one of your post.

"And don't forget you need no drivers from TIVO for this wireless setup you can change firmware, routers or whatever you need and TIVO just thinks it's hook to a hardwired network."
?When I say that you need no drivers from TIVO for this wireless setup I'm talking about the wireless side TIVO has the drivers for the USB200M they just need to update the chipset driver.?

Please clarify. How do you upset the chipset driver.

My Proposed Configuration will be as follows

1.) TiVo 2 80Hr, Linksys USB200M, WGA54G Wireless-G Game Adapter

2.) Pioneer DVR-810H (wireless/HMO enabled) Linksys USB200M, WGA54G Wireless-G Game Adapter

Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router

Do you see any issues?

Before I read this I had already invested in a WUSB-12 Adpater, and it works( Albeit slow at $58).

·
Registered
43 Posts
From the response in the email from TIVO Support it doesn't appear that TIVO has a USB 2.0 version on the drawing board. Oh Well!

I ordered parts anyway. I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Recieved all the equipment to install this solution today. Running into some issues though.

TIVOs do not recognize the Game Adapters.

I have configured both on my PC.

The first Game Adapter IP address is 198.168.1.250. When hooking this up to TIVO 1 it say that this is duplicate IP . How do you resolve this? When I attempt a connection in TIVO setup it fails. Same with TIVO2.

I am running Zone Alarm Pro. Could that be the ISsue?

I have read through the setup guide several times. I must be missing something.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Paul C

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jim,

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you (wife issues). Thanks for the response.

They are both working now however I have not experienced the real time transfer yet, although the speed of transfer is much improved.

Whereas a thirty minute program took up to 2 hours to transfer now it transfers in about 45 minutes.

The distance I am trying to transfer is approximately about 30 feet. The router and modem are in an upstairs office and one Tivo is in the basement and the other is in my upstairs Bedroom.

I will probably go back in and tweak the game adapters by checking all the settings. I previously had a G router set to mixed, because of the Tivo's on my network and now I'll set it to Wireless G only.

Thanks again

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am Finally experiencing Real Time transfer from TIVO 1 to TIVO 2. The last step in the install is to run Guided Setup on the Tivo Boxes again, although I don't know why. That seemed to do the trick.

Anyway thanks for the solution and everyones help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been following these post with interest. I am one of the early adapters of the VIXJIM setup. I have been experiencing real-time transfers since feb 04. Of course I have experienced the pain of setting up the game adapters and the Dropping of transfers in mid stream . For the most part it's ok. However it seems you guys have come up with a new and improved wireless g transfer. Does anyone have a diagram of the improved setup? Are routers (WRT54G) replacing the Game Adapter? What does SVEASOFT do for me?

I know these questions have been asked before but this thread has been going since 12-19-03 and I am confused.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the response to my message. I will continue to study this and try and acquire the Belkin routers necessary.

For me since I have an investment in Linksys ( WRT54GS, GS PCI Card) I will consider changing out these components as well.

Then of course I have to get this past the Change Control Board at the house ( MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER) before I can implement any changes into the network.

Thanks again

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am using a WRt54GS with the Original Ultimate Setup. I noticed a decent improvement in Reliabiity and Transmit rates when I upgraded the Firmware to Version : v4.70.6 - HyperWRT 2.1b1 - Thibor . I configured the transmit rate to 67% and it has been awesome. http://www.hyperwrt.org/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.