TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Curious about the antenna, can you describe it? Is it optional or directly connected to the 'box'? Don't both ends need the signal boost? Are they directional? If so, how do you handle the receiving ends being in different locations (I'm assuming that they are in different directions?)

Just curious....

Thanks

Jack

·
Registered
207 Posts
No you can't route the video back to the PC and the TiVo does not (at this time) support the g type router, so to speak. You can look back at some of the older inquiries and find that it will talk to some extent, but since you are talking on a USB 1.1 device, your speed is really constrained. If you want your greatest speed, hardwire the devices!

Jack

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jim...

Just what I was figuring out! Thanks for the reply to straighting it out for me concisely! Now it is clear...
I looked at the description over at the ad and found it very useful. The ant is Omidirectional so it works in all directions witch is great for your situation, but not too good for mine! hang in there and keep up with the reports they help, they are of great help!!!!

Thanks again!!!

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.