TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase a new Tivo Bolt Vox to replace my still working Tivo Romio at Best Buy six weeks ago. After hours of transferring my programs from my older Tivo the unit settled in and ran fine for a week and all of a sudden it locked up and when I tried to power boot the unit would never boot up just hung, hour or the phone with tech support recommend i exchange at Best Buy. That took time but exchanges with Best Buy 4 weeks ... well the exchanged unit FAILED and DIED again today with no explanation and when powering applied the RED light would blink on and off and then nothing. Again another hour or more on the phone with Tivo they could only offer and advance replacement that I should have tomorrow and will ship back the other. Are others finding the Tivo Bolt Vox as unreliable and undependable as I have???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on a very open shelf under my TV on a very open TV stand in our living room. There should be good air flow. The first unit failed when I tried to attached my external Tivo Western Digital 1TB HDD not sure why that happened so for the exchanged unit I never tried to attach it. This time the Tivo tech believe the AC power adapter source was failing to provide enough power to the unit and I tried it and the Bolt Vox of other power outlets in my home no success. Tivo sent me a new unit that I paid to overnight should be here today I'll test the non-working Bolt today with the new AC power adapter just to see if that was the issue. My concern is i've been a TIVO user from almost the beginning and all models I've owned worked for long periods with little issue and my last Romio worked fine for 4 to 5 years. Seems the Bolt Vox is not well manufactured and I now see why they made it a curved shape to give room for the FAN that is under the unit ... maybe they should move it to the back or top of the unit for better thermal cooling.

·
UHD Addict
24,091 Posts
Who wants a fan on top? Then you can see it and easily hear it too.

All you need to do is raise the Bolt up a centimeter or put it on a wire shelf. And it will run at a cooler temp.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts

·
UHD Addict
24,091 Posts

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,388 Posts
Sorry to hear the quality of Bolt units remains poor. Like many here I've owned other TiVo models for years and they've all been rock solid. I posted my Bolt experience in this thread: How reliable are the Bolts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.