TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My The Defenders and Supernatural Season Passes didn't pick-up tonight. View Recording History said that the reason was that they no longer were in the program guide. But they were in the program guide. (So I just manually set them to record.) I don't think this has happened to me in over five years. I wonder what's up.

·
Super Moderator
55,344 Posts
I know it's Friday, I just thought you meant it actually missed those programs. As in they were on prior to today. :)

It's possible that your To Do list simply hadn't completely updated yet after the last data download. If the episode number for those programs had changed in the most recent data then it could have tossed the previously setup episode as "no longer in the guide data" but not gotten around to the point where it would add the new episodes back into the list.

When you see these sorts of discrepancies you should check the Phone & Network screen. If the last call was within a few hours there is a good chance the To Do list is still updating and the problem will resolve itself.

Dan

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about the ambiguity in my original post of when I was talking about.... Yeah, makes sense: my last connection to the mother ship shows 8:11 am this morning, and I noticed that the two shows weren't picked up for tonight in To Do around noon. So I see what you're saying about the indexing possibly not having finished. On the other hand, I cut cable last week, and my OTA Season Pass list is pretty sparse now. And how about this: in System Information it says Indexing: March 4 8:25 am — does that mean the indexing had finished then, or that it had begun then, and still could have been occurring at noon?

--
Edit: Also, please explain this to me: if indexing is still underway, could it interfere with programming that same day? In other words, wouldn't such interference only occur for newly-gathered programming a couple of weeks out? Or is that not the way indexing works? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
55,344 Posts
The only time it could interfere with programming happening "that day" if there was a last minute change to the guide data for the episode airing that day.

Based on the info you posted though I think my theory was wrong. Looks like the indexing finished early that morning. The only other thing that could cause this is if the "Original Air Date" for these programs was changed in the data downloaded that morning and TiVo thought that they were reruns. You can check the Original Air Date by selecting the show in Now Playing and clicking the Enter key on your remote. This will bring up a more extensive view of the guide data associated with that episode including the Original Air Date.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.