TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. If my cd drive is a secondary master, should the jumper on it be set to slave or master?

2. If i'm installing an image from a cd (bak file is on cd) then would i have to take out the mfstools cd? or would i need to cd drives?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I have a maxtor diamonmax 9 plus. How would I set that jumper to slave? I dont understand the labeling on it..i think it's asking me to put the jumper horizontally on the top 2nd and top 3rd pin. Is that correct? I thought i had to remove the jumper entirely to make it a slave?

·
Registered
274 Posts
spatel783 said:
Also, I have a maxtor diamonmax 9 plus. How would I set that jumper to slave? I dont understand the labeling on it..i think it's asking me to put the jumper horizontally on the top 2nd and top 3rd pin. Is that correct? I thought i had to remove the jumper entirely to make it a slave?
Page 7 of my Maxtor manual shows Style A2 (includes DiamondMax Plus 9) with jumper block slave position: single square jumper in upper right.

·
Proud Computer Geek
1,516 Posts
If the link is for the correct drive - slave = no jumpers.

·
Photo Man
285 Posts
mikeny said:
Page 7 of my Maxtor manual shows Style A2 (includes DiamondMax Plus 9) with jumper block slave position: single square jumper in upper right.
I don't know why they show it highlighted that way, but it is showing no jumpers.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think we're saying the same thing. If the single black square is not considered a jumper than I agree. If the blue rectangle is the 'jumper' than removing it would constitute removing the jumper. Fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts