TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Right side up again.
16,400 Posts
Earth 2 was kind of Lost In Space reimagined.

Colonists, crash-landed on an alien planet, begin the long trek to their originally designated landing place, facing both alien and human threats.
Also for that matter Star Trek: Voyager had a kind of Lost In Space theme, albeit traveling in a spaceship, not marooned on a planet.

· LOAD"*",8,1
35,585 Posts
Amnesia said:
Wasn't that supposed to get remade a few years ago?
"Knight Rider 2000" was a TV Movie that was made in the very early 90's that was an attempt at a back-door pilot for a relaunch of the series. It featured a female lead in place of David Hasselhoff, and KITT in the body of a "Pontiac Banshee" show car.

They then went on to make Knight Rider 2010, which was a post-apocalyptic re-imagining of the series. This had absolutely nothing in common with the original series aside from the title.

Finally, they went onto make Team Knight Rider, which was a kids series loosely based on the original series, but it turned out to be total trash.

I think they still are considering a big screen "Knight Rider" movie more directly connected to the original show, but I haven't heard anything about this in a while.

· TCF Bookie
9,815 Posts
LoadStar said:
"Knight Rider 2000" was a TV Movie that was made in the very early 90's that was an attempt at a back-door pilot for a relaunch of the series. It featured a female lead in place of David Hasselhoff, and KITT in the body of a "Pontiac Banshee" show car.

They then went on to make Knight Rider 2010, which was a post-apocalyptic re-imagining of the series. This had absolutely nothing in common with the original series aside from the title.

Finally, they went onto make Team Knight Rider, which was a kids series loosely based on the original series, but it turned out to be total trash.

I think they still are considering a big screen "Knight Rider" movie more directly connected to the original show, but I haven't heard anything about this in a while.
If anyone is ever in a pinch for Knight Rider info, now you know who to call. :p

· Hubcaps r in fashion
7,052 Posts
DougF said:
A pilot was made a few years ago. John Woo directed it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0777269/
Oh yeah. The WB project that suddenly got stopped in midstep (happily).

Penny is a baby, there's a second boy who's older than Will, no Dr. Smith, and the robot looked like that old put-together toy "Mister Machine".

If they'd wanted to go forward with the storyline from the movie version, that I could have accepted. Close enough to the original to still be "the real thing". (Tho' I'd still have preferred the J2 be a double saucer.)

That WB thing, tho'....forget it.

· Registered
90 Posts
bdlucas said:
...Star Trek: Voyager had a kind of Lost In Space theme, albeit traveling in a spaceship, not marooned on a planet.
The Robinsons weren't always marooned on the first planet they landed on. They moved the ship off-planet at least once that I can recall.

Also they found a portal to Earth.

· Registered
28,665 Posts
IndyJones1023 said:
Flash Gordon
I agree. I wish they would create a TV show with him, but take out the space travel, the many planets in the kingdom of Mongo and Flash and Dale fighting Ming's forces. Instead, they should hopefully set it on Earth (maybe somewhere in Canada?) and have it be about trying to figure out some sort of space-tunnel between here and Mongo (preferably, make many scenes take place in Flash's mom's house). Also, please make Ming more like a bad daytime soap actor than a larger than life space villain.

· The Gimp
21,539 Posts
EchoBravo said:
A series I haven't thought of in more than a decade, then saw on iTunes a week or so ago: V.
Somewhere here it was discussed and a new story is due out, iirc.

Found the book

V: The second Generation due out Oct 30th.

A mini series or TV movie was also in the works with this material.

Book Description

Millions thrilled to Kenneth Johnson's hugely popular mini-series "V," an action filled drama of alien invasion, a TV event that was also a number one bestselling novel. Now, in a new novel based on the sequel miniseries currently being developed for TV, the tension between The Visitors and Earth's human inhabitants has reached a boiling point.

The reptilian Visitors, who cleverly portray themselves as Earth's protectors, are anything but. Our oceans are being drained in order to fuel the aliens' motherships, and our scientists are treated like wanted criminals. And they have pods of preserved humans destined for even more sinister purposes.

But hope is not lost. A small, yet resourceful Resistance risks everything to undermine the Visitors' stranglehold on Earth's people. Despite their heroic efforts, without more help they will be crushed by the Visitors and their human militia. Just when Earth's doom seems inevitable, agents of an alien civilization from another planet arrive in answer to humanity's desperate call for help. But can these other aliens be trusted? Or might we defeat one alien overlord, only to be delivered into the hands of another, equally as oppressive?

Time is running out for the Resistance, for when the Visitors' Leader arrives, the aliens will complete their mission on Earth, with devastating consequences for all life on the planet.
last edit:

from the wiki.

Interestingly, the novel will dispense with The Final Battle and the TV Series (in which Kenneth Johnson played a minimal role) entirely as non-canon, and pick up twenty years after the events of the first miniseries. The novel will also introduce the long-sought enemies of the Visitors whose own motives for helping the human resistance will serve as a central dilemma for the beleaguered Resistance.
So it is a re-imaging of what we know happened after the first mini.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.