TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused. Too often, like 75% of the time, the recorded channel is unwatchable due to pixelation. I can watch the channel(s) live with just occasional issue. I am on the fringe, and my monster directional antenna is carefully aimed between two major markets.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you do not already have an antenna pre-amp, it will boost your signal and should solve your pixelation issues if it is a signal strength issue. Always best to amplify a signal at the antenna before it loses more signal going down a cable. If looking for one, make sure to get one with a very low noise factor. That is the noise created by the amplification. If your signal is split going to your tivo, it may need an amplified splitter to overcome losses. A zero-gain splitter will maintain the signal before it is split for that each output gets the same signal strength as what enters the spitter. Too much amplification can also be an issue. Other causes could be 4g and 5g interference. Antenna height and position may also help. A good strong signal is needed for reliable recordings. Keep away from cheap amplifiers or amplified splitters that are not low noise. If your antenna is an older install, it may be that the neighboring trees have just grown and are reducing the signal too much.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you do not already have an antenna pre-amp, it will boost your signal and should solve your pixelation issues if it is a signal strength issue. Always best to amplify a signal at the antenna before it loses more signal going down a cable.
Amplifier is 18" from antenna.

I can watch live TV on the Tivo, but recording on the exact same channel at the exact same time is unwatchable. Something is happening between the tuner and the hard drive is messing up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts