TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was on the phone with Comcast for over an hour just trying to order cable. Even the tier-2 CSR insisted that I couldn't get digital cable with cable cards. I finally convinced him just to submit my order and I'll change it later if things don't work out.

I thought I was out of the woods, then I dropped by a store to pick up the cards. After waiting in line for 30 minutes, I had to have the same argument all over again. I was standing at the counter for another 30 minutes (with a line of angry people behind me) trying to convince the woman not to take HBO off my order because "you can't have premium channels with CableCards". ARGHHH...

Well, I brought it home, called the number, she hit the cards and told me it'd be 24 hours before they work. I don't have DSL at my place yet, so I won't know if they're actually working or not until I can repeat the guided setup.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
zackangelo said:
she hit the cards and told me it'd be 24 hours before they work.
I'm sure this will come as no surprise to you, but this statement is wrong too. :)

Assuming that she has properly paired and validated the cards, you should see your authorized channels within minutes of a hit. The "it can take 24 hours" statement is either ignorance or deliberate mis-information to get you off the phone.

(In theory, it COULD take up to 24 hours, but if it does, the cable company has a far more serious service problem on its' hands :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
27 Posts
zackangelo said:
Unfortunately, I was using OTA before.

I was also charged a $100 deposit when I picked up the cards, does this jive with everyone else's experience?
Haha, dude that's totally bogus. I'd call Comcast Customer Service and ***** about that. There's zero deposit fee that I've heard of.... The only thing that could possibly make sense in that respect is if you have a bad payment history with Comcast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.