TiVo Community Forum banner
221 - 240 of 283 Posts

·
Stormtrooper
46 Posts
I just bought a used A92 off ebay and got it added to my account, but it can't see my Tivo (V70). I'm pretty sure it has TE4 because it started with the grey UI experience, but my roamio is still on TE3.

Since it's in guided setup I can't go to the settings menu to downgrade, how else would I get this mini back to TE3?

UPDATE: Followed an earlier post, I rebooted my main tivo twice, and now it's starting the downgrade process after finishing the guided setup. Glad to see this resolved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased a used Roamio and two 9300 minis all on TE4. I downgraded the Roamio to TE3 and am now working on the minis. The screen pops up telling me I need to downgrade the minis, and I click select, which brings up the Confirm Downgrade pop-up asking for Thumbs Down x3 plus Enter to proceed. That's where I'm missing something simple because neither mini registers when I click thumbs down so I can't start the downgrade. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I purchased a used Roamio and two 9300 minis all on TE4. I downgraded the Roamio to TE3 and am now working on the minis. The screen pops up telling me I need to downgrade the minis, and I click select, which brings up the Confirm Downgrade pop-up asking for Thumbs Down x3 plus Enter to proceed. That's where I'm missing something simple because neither mini registers when I click thumbs down so I can't start the downgrade. Any ideas? Thanks.
Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 93000 mini and had it added to my account. When I hit the 3 thumbs down the thumbs down don't register and it remains stuck. I unplugged it twice and started again. I tried thumbs up after doing thumbs down and that didn't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Add me to the list of not being able to downgrade because it wont register the 3 thumbs down

I called them and they said they are currently working on it... but were not able to give me a timeframe...

From experienced users here, any guesses on timing?

How does V4 run on roamio ota? I may consider upgrading, but I see other threads saying it adds preroll ads and I really don't like that.........

·
Ambassador to the City of Chicago
739 Posts
Add me to the list of not being able to downgrade because it wont register the 3 thumbs down

I called them and they said they are currently working on it... but were not able to give me a timeframe...

How does V4 run on roamio ota? I may consider upgrading, but I see other threads saying it adds preroll ads and I really don't like that.........
Try putting your remote in IR mode (hold TiVo + C until the light flashes red a couple times) see if that does anything? V4 runs OK on Roamios, but it can be a bit stuttery in animations.

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,554 Posts

New User, First Post, Asking About TE4 / "V4"???...
  1. Don't trust (everyone in) TiVo Support.
  2. Do you have any experience with TE4?
  3. Do you use any of the functionality in TE3 that was *REMOVED* in TE4?
  4. What do you perceive that TE4 offers you over TE3 (besides a 'few' TiVo Mini 95000 specific functions)?
  5. There is no "V4", just TE4 ;).

·
Registered
2 Posts
New User, First Post, Asking About TE4 / "V4"???...
  1. Don't trust (everyone in) TiVo Support.
  2. Do you have any experience with TE4?
  3. Do you use any of the functionality in TE3 that was *REMOVED* in TE4?
  4. What do you perceive that TE4 offers you over TE3 (besides a 'few' TiVo Mini 95000 specific functions)?
  5. There is no "V4", just TE4 ;).
Long time TiVo user and have been to this forum many times. I may have had an account long ago, but it's lost to the sands of time.

1-Thanks
2-Zero - other than reading forum & reddit posts on the topic
3-No idea
4-TE4 offers me the ability to use the TiVo mini I just purchased without waiting an unknown amount of time for them to find a solution
5-Thanks for the clarification!

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,554 Posts
Long time TiVo user and have been to this forum many times. I may have had an account long ago, but it's lost to the sands of time.

1-Thanks
2-Zero - other than reading forum & reddit posts on the topic
3-No idea
4-TE4 offers me the ability to use the TiVo mini I just purchased without waiting an unknown amount of time for them to find a solution
5-Thanks for the clarification!
Well then, it sounds like you should just "Go For It" {and enjoy your new TiVo Mini 95000 (guessing here)} :cool:.

If you don't know what you're giving up, it won't matter. Right ;)?

NOTE: When it says "New User / Posts: 1", how am I to know: "Long time TiVo user and have been to this forum many times. I may have had an account long ago, but it's lost to the sands of time." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 93000 mini and had it added to my account. When I hit the 3 thumbs down the thumbs down don't register and it remains stuck. I unplugged it twice and started again. I tried thumbs up after doing thumbs down and that didn't work.
I didn't. I was doing it for my parents at a vacation home so I kinda forgot about it. I took the minis home with me and put them on my account for one more try, but got to the same screen and couldn't input the thumbs down. Rep told me again it was a known issue and they were working on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a mini that, on the Downgrade screen won't respond to / accept any thumbsdown key presses to downgrade.
Remote can be in IR , RF mode - the front light blinks indicating a keypress is sensed.

I've opened a support ticket.
I'd encourage others with this to open tickets as well.

Reading back over this thread, there a big gap between 2021 February - when downgrades started working again / were fixed
and 2021 November when downgrading was broken again.

I think my symptoms are slightly different from late the 2020 issues - I've yet to see the "blue dog".

Roamio OTA downgraded to 20.7.4d.RC15-846060846
Roamio has connected to Tivo several times, rebooted etc.

Mini A93 is at 21.11.1.v7-A93-6-A93 -
this forum and support.tivo.com 's release notes says this was released in Dec 2021

Did a reset, went through the setup / enter a zip code -- connects to the tivo service
Mostly the mini says I need to Downgrade.
about 1 in 10 times the highlighted menu says "Downgrade & repeat Guided Setup".

Both devices have Network Remote Control set to Allowed.

I luckily had a spare Mini A93 that was still on TE3 -- That updated to the Dec 2021 TE3 software and is working with my Roamio.

Does anybody know why the downgrade was working back in February, and now none of can downgrade? This is really irritating. I have 3 minis that I can't use right now because I can't downgrade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same problem, not being able to downgrade my A93 Mini from TE4 to TE3. I called TiVo in mid-November 2021 and they issued me a case number. They acknowledged that there were many users with the same issue, but I still have not heard back from them.

In the meantime, I thought I would upgrade my TiVo Bolt from TE3 to TE4 so I can at least use TE4 until TiVo provides a solution to downgrading my Minis to TE3, at which point I would also downgrade my Bolt back to TE3. However, when I started to upgrade my Bolt to TE4, the final screen states that once you upgrade, you cannot return to TE3, so I haven't done it yet. Has anyone ever upgraded their TiVo Bolt from TE3 to TE4 then successfully downgraded it back to TE3?

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
Has anyone ever upgraded their TiVo Bolt from TE3 to TE4 then successfully downgraded it back to TE3?
Ever? Yes, most definitely.

However, when I started to upgrade my Bolt to TE4, the final screen states that once you upgrade, you cannot return to TE3
The "how to upgrade" TiVo support page matches this experience:
Font Astronomical object Technology Circle Science

Trying to find a screenshot from TCF that would indicate any change in this dialog since Hydra first rolled-out.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
I'm still bummed to be sitting on my two 9300 minis stuck on TE4. Back in February 2021, was this mini version downgrading from TE4 to TE3 without issue, or was it just the 9200 and Vox?
There was a downgrade issue that was resolved “11 months ago”; but it seems like the symptoms have returned for some.

p.s. Unrelated… don’t love how the new forum software formats the post timestamps, or how it hides the “edited” time stamp.

221 - 240 of 283 Posts