TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
...I'm not.
19,263 Posts
Watched a few so far. Definitely inspired by Ghost Hunters etc., but it's not a mocking sort of parody. Likable characters and just fun all around.

So far it seems to be a Frost vehicle, with Pegg just doing a repeating cameo of sorts, but that's fine. Also has Malcolm McDowell in a hilarious minor role as Frost's father.

Reactions: Tony_T

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
I liked it so much I binged all the episodes in a couple of nights. Not that many roll-on-the-floor-laughing moments (probably the only one I remember cracking up was when Gus misread having to drink "brine" as "urine" for a spell, and Elton stopped him in time, but Gus took a sip anyway), but it was enjoyable and charming throughout.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I watched the whole thing over the last week. I liked it. It had a more serious tone than I was expecting, but still had some good laughs.

I liked it when Gus said he searched for Elton online but he was pretty sure most of the results were about another person with the same name.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,761 Posts
Watched a few so far. Definitely inspired by Ghost Hunters etc., but it's not a mocking sort of parody. Likable characters and just fun all around.

So far it seems to be a Frost vehicle, with Pegg just doing a repeating cameo of sorts, but that's fine. Also has Malcolm McDowell in a hilarious minor role as Frost's father.
I thought I recognized the actor who played his father!! I'm enjoying this. The episodes are quick. I've seen only 2 so far but will probably finish it up during the week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.