TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Don't know much
579 Posts
I am a newbie to networking Tivo products. I will be trying to get 4 new DirecTivos networked. I currently have a wireless router which uses three wired ports for my computer room and wireless to my dads laptop. I found the XE102 product and wondered if I could just plug one in at each Tivo and one at the router end? I really don't want to get deep into WEP etc. The router I have automatically protects the network with WAP which I think does not work with Tivo. Netgear game adapters would be fine if they will work with WAP.

·
Don't know much
579 Posts
Yes I am aware that the DirecTivo will have to be "tweaked" to get many useful features.

My fear with the game adapters is that I will never figure out all the "security" issues if it is not as simple as the notebook computer. I have zero linux knowledge. Cookbook (or is it InstantCake) I can do. But beyond keying in exact strings from someones great instructions, I am baffled.

I am posting this here since I saw that someone had used the XE120.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.