TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
331 Posts
If you are going to hook up your TiVo, they need to say "wireless modem jack" instead of "wireless phone jack". The wireless modem jacks will of course still work with regular telephone, but they are designed to allow modems and fax machines to be connected. The cheaper wireless phone jacks rarely work for modems and you have about 50/50 chance of the fax machine working over them (just from my experience). I would return them and get one that actually says "wireless modem jack". Otherwise, you will continue to have an unreliable and/or very slow connection. Good luck.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Ron, good point. I use the XE102 to connect my setup. I have my xbox 360 and modified HR10-250 DTiVo connected to a five port switch which uplinks to the XE102 at my Entertainment center and then I have another XE102 in my office which of course plugs into my router. I am very happy with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.