TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I have a Tivo premiere on wireless and a new Tivo bolt to install. I have Tivo desktop on an old PC that no longer can get on the internet. I understand the desktop is no longer available. How can I "easily" transfer the recordings on my Premiere to my new BOLT.
Is there a shareware equivalent to Tivo Desktop or can I copy the files from the inactive computer to my current and use Tivo desktop?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
Chuck
If your Premiere is using a wireless "N" adapter, you can just use your network. While wired Ethernet will be faster, wireless is going to be about 60Mbps. Also, you can use TiVo Online to move the programs. If you have more than 5 this will be quicker. -> http://online.tivo.com/start/wtw This assumes you are using the classic UI on your Bolt. If it is running Hydra you will have to use TiVo Online.

The Premiere can show you the transfer rate. When you install the Bolt it will install Hydra. That doesn't have network transfer diagnostics.

I think you may want to read some of the Hydra threads. You have a lot to learn.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I transferred 350GB of programs from my Premiere to my Hydra Roamio OTA with TiVo Online. It took a while, but they all look good so far. Some even got their SM back.

I don't have any copy protected content. But that's my cable feed.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
With the latest update to the TiVo OS, the transfer recording function from one TiVo device to another is missing. I like to transfer programs from my TiVo Premiere to my TiVo Bolt so I can utilize the skip function. What happened to this feature. My TiVo Premiere can record shows my TiVo Bolt cannot.
If the TiVo OS is Hydra, then you will have to use TiVo Online to copy programs to the Bolt.

Also see post 6.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I went to TiVo Online and found my recordings on both TiVos.
Any idea why the transfer function was removed from "Hydra"? It's a lot of extra steps for something that was accomplished using my remote. Now I have to use a PC to accomplish the same function.
I never ask why anymore. :(

There's also the TiVo app. Works on my notepad most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.