TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll make this short, My Bolt+ had 4 flashing lights (Bad HD), Tivo sent me new one. Is there any way to transfer onepass settings with the original one being dead?
I thought this info is stored in the "cloud"

It doesnt appear to be an option. The morons at Tivo tech support have no idea what they are doing.

This is not the company it used to be.

·
Registered
887 Posts
OK, it looks like once you start the replacement box, everything is gone, even from the TiVo Online site. If your old HD was totally dead like mine was, it looks like all OP's are gone
and you will have to redo them.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
My Bolt+ replacement is being delivered today. I went to Tivo online and was pleasantly surprised to see my old Bolt+ one passes being displayed along side my Roamio. Unfortunately, after a minute or two, they disappeared and I got them message "unable to connect to Bolt. So poof. Unfortunately I never saved to KMTTG. Oh well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I figured out a loophole. If you have the TiVo app installed and have ever connected to your old TiVo all the one passes are still there. I pulled up the app and ended up re-entering the one passes manually on the new bolt

·
Registered
887 Posts
I wish, I just looked after only hooking up my replacement 3 hours ago and my TiVo app updated and it's the same as my new one.

I had 84 OP's and already have about 40 redone. I went into the guide, set it 8pm, which is usually when I record a lot, and just remade some and jumped ahead day by day by day at 8/9pm. Then I set it to 10pm and jumped day by day and remade many.

My problem with a lot are the different time frames the shows are in. So I have to wait a couple months to remake many. I didn't really have to rush and remake so many and waste time, just I am home alone nothing to do, so this is it.:):):)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to me with the Bolt+ and losing one passes... I had a lot as well, and it's not so much recreating them as it is I'll miss some [and I would like to at least have a list of everything I had recorded]. Now when I open the TiVo app, it gets stuck in this sign in error loop, I'm guessing because it can't see the dead box. However, I noticed when logged into TiVo online, if I still have the old dead box selected and I search for a show that I new I had a OP for, that it knows and says "You have a OnePass for this show". So even though the box is dead and not connected any more, the website knows that I had the OP. It also knows that my box is/was 82% full (which is/was accurate). I think TiVo essentially has the data, but it's not parsed anywhere. I wonder if there is a way to filter the information some how. Any ideas?

·
Under Maintenance
25,847 Posts
I'll make this short, My Bolt+ had 4 flashing lights (Bad HD), Tivo sent me new one. Is there any way to transfer onepass settings with the original one being dead?
I thought this info is stored in the "cloud"

It doesnt appear to be an option. The morons at Tivo tech support have no idea what they are doing.

This is not the company it used to be.
Used to be able to do it online at TiVo.com. They have all your data in the cloud. As long as your old TiVo is still activated it should be there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
"
Used to be able to do it online at TiVo.com. They have all your data in the cloud. As long as your old TiVo is still activated it should be there.
"
I just called to do this very thing, they claim there is no cloud copy and without the DVR on line there is no way to move onepasses or recordings.
Another ball dropped if you ask me.

·
Under Maintenance
25,847 Posts
"
"
I just called to do this very thing, they claim there is no cloud copy and without the DVR on line there is no way to move onepasses or recordings.
Another ball dropped if you ask me.
It's there if your old box and the new one are currently activated (perhaps they deactivated the old one already?). You just go to the One Pass online manager and choose the One Passes from your old Box and copy them over to your new Box. I've done it several times: http://online.tivo.com/start/manage

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to show me. I was already aware of the tool and had used it prior but it doesnt work for ME when the box is not online. Called Tivo and they confirmed to me that could not restore from the cloud and the device would have to be online.

Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Display device

·
Under Maintenance
25,847 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to show me. I was already aware of the tool and had used it prior but it doesnt work for ME when the box is not online. Called Tivo and they confirmed to me that could not restore from the cloud and the device would have to be online.

View attachment 51223
Ah. That's too bad. It sounds like they deactivated your previous box when they sent out the replacement. Which is kinda dumb considering what's happened to you. You're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way I guess and add them manually again. One good thing that's changed since the old days though. You can set up a One Pass for shows that aren't currently showing or in the current guide. You just do a search and they'll ofen be available for a One Pass. Used to take almost a year to get all my passes back in the old days. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's there if your old box and the new one are currently activated (perhaps they deactivated the old one already?). You just go to the One Pass online manager and choose the One Passes from your old Box and copy them over to your new Box. I've done it several times: http://online.tivo.com/start/manage

Does the "old" TiVo unit need to be powered on, connected to cable and/or the Internet to do this or can you copy the OP setting while at the on-line OP manager, provided the old TiVo hasn't been deactivated?

·
Under Maintenance
25,847 Posts
On-line meaning Wi-Fi only or will I need to connect to cable and get a second set of cable cards and tuning adapter? I planned to simply move them to the new box if Wi-Fi is all that would be required.
Just Wi-Fi should be enough as I recall but it’s been a while. Give it a shot. See what happens. Pretty sure it just needs to be activated and online. Good luck! 🙂

1 - 18 of 18 Posts