TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· I can't explain
19,382 Posts
look in one of the faqs stickied at the top of this forum. there is some number you need to give the rep to look up the grandfathered transfer. the post will also outline any conditions. You need to give them that number so they understand the deal or luck into one that has done some and remembers it

· I can't explain
19,382 Posts
tgmii said:
THanks for that.. I'll probably need it when I register.

I kept insisting to the nice tivo lady that she was mistaken.

What she ended up saying, was buy it retail, and then call back for the activation.. since all their boxes come with service.

Maybe I could have pushed it further, but they seem to be shipping immediately from retailers (per her, and when I ordered it online from I retailer, it looks like I'll have it thursday).

Thanks...

Tom
ah, well the CSR is right about that part. You need a box that has not had activatied service on it and then do the transfer. This would also mean you would not get a rebate on the S3 HD but I doubt there will be one anyway.
So buying from TiVo.com is out but best buy will have them available so that should not be a big problem and it gives a you a brick and mortar store if the hardware has a defect.

· I can't explain
19,382 Posts
gbnyc said:
Rep I spoke to knew about the free lifetime transfer for grandfathered TiVos (she didn't need me to give her the code), but said it doesn't apply to the TiVoHD (at least for now).
that is a new twist. I had wondered out loud when the first S3 came out if they would exclude it, but they did not and said it was because the offer applied to any TiVo hardware. If it was me I would be asking for more clarifiaction on that point.

· I can't explain
19,382 Posts
HDTiVo said:
Since the bundle program started, have grandfather transfers been allowed on series 2 units bought from TiVo.com, or has it been necessary to buy a retail box? (and skip the rebate?)
you had to bring your own box without prior service on it of any kind and skip the rebate. I wonder if that is what is happening here?

gbnyc - did the TiVo HD you wnat to transfer service on already have some service activated or bundled with it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.