TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Rep I spoke to knew about the free lifetime transfer for grandfathered TiVos (she didn't need me to give her the code), but said it doesn't apply to the TiVoHD (at least for now).

ZeoTiVo said:
look in one of the faqs stickied at the top of this forum. there is some number you need to give the rep to look up the grandfathered transfer. the post will also outline any conditions. You need to give them that number so they understand the deal or luck into one that has done some and remembers it

· Registered
11 Posts
ZeoTiVo said:
you had to bring your own box without prior service on it of any kind and skip the rebate. I wonder if that is what is happening here?

gbnyc - did the TiVo HD you wnat to transfer service on already have some service activated or bundled with it?
The reps (I've tried twice now) said that the grandfather transfer is not available to the TiVoHD at all, regardless of how I would buy it, without or without any service bundled. This issue is popping up on multiple threads -- as I mentioned here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=5355772&highlight=grandfather#post5355772 , the second rep said that they had received a communication from "headquarters" the morning that TiVoHD was released, telling them that grandfather lifetime transfers are not permitted for the TiVoHD. Both reps. noted that that doesn't mean that they'll never be permitted, but they clearly aren't permitted so far.

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm on the phone now with TiVo. Rep says that they reversed their policy since yesterday, and now will honor a grandfather transfer for the new TiVo HD!

crouch said:
I called before I placed my order through Best Buy and the rep told me that the grandfathering request would, in fact, be honored. I gave her the code that's mentioned in several posts, she briefly checked with her supervisor, and then said it would be no problem.

I certainly hope that it's honored now that I've actually ordered the thing, but I don't anticipate a problem.

I suggest you call again, give the code, and hope for a more receptive customer rep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.